A self-assessment tax return is the form used by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to collect income tax from individuals. Whilst income tax is deducted from your salary automatically if you work for a company, most people who are self-employed must complete one each year.
This guide will explain who needs to complete a self-assessment tax return, when they’re due, and how to complete one (with a handy checklist).
Getting funding for your business can give it a chance to grow, whether you’re a start-up, developing or an established business. Read on to learn more about how you can get funding for your growing business.
When starting a new business it’s important to keep costs low in order to run a profitable business.
Modern technology has made accounting easier than ever before.
The Chancellor delivered the Budget yesterday (March 9), with a number of announcements affecting businesses, working parents and the self-employed.
The question you need to ask your self is, what do I look for when searching for an accountant?
Here are some points to help you:
- Make sure you can trust your accountant
- You work well together and when you have any question you are not afraid of ringing or emailing with your accountant to ask these questions no matter how silly they are.
- Do you think you are getting “the service you pay for” Remember never choose an accountant due to the price they are charging, look at how much the accountant will save you.
- Do you understand how your business is operating and what improvements need to be done.
- Have you got the right structure for your business.
With the above few points I trust you will always make a good decision.